Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Friday, April 16, 2010

THE THREE LITTLE PIGS (THE PHARMA VERSION) – By Bob Fiddaman



For Evie.

THE THREE LITTLE PIGS (THE PHARMA VERSION) – By Bob Fiddaman


Once upon a time there were three little pigs and the time came for them to leave home and seek their fortunes and basically stand on their own four trotters.

Before they left, their mom told them "Be honest and truthful because that's the only way to get along in this world. Also be aware that one day a big bad wolf will come knocking at your door. Don't let him in, for he is evil."

Soon the time came when each of the little piggies moved on to the property ladder.

The first little pig built his house out of straw.

The second little pig built his house out of sticks.

The third little pig built his house out of bricks.

One night there was a knock at the little piggie house that was made of straw.

Outside was the CEO of a major pharmaceutical company.

"Let me in, Let me in, little pig or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in!", said the CEO.

"Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin", said the little pig.

"Very well", said the CEO, and he moved on to the second little piggie house.

"Let me in, Let me in, little pig or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in!", said the CEO.

"Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin", said the second little pig.

"Okay, your loss", said the CEO as he moved on to the third little piggie house.

"Let me in, Let me in, little pig or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in!", said the CEO.

"Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin", said the third little pig.

Stumped by the three little pigs ignorance, the CEO of the pharmaceutical company walked away and sat down at a board meeting with his directors, trustees, key opinion leaders and government officials.

"The bastards wouldn't let me in the house, they are really stubborn. Sadly, it looks like we are going to have to go ahead with our plan without their permission."

A look of horror bestowed the board of directors and trustees, even the key opinion leaders were shocked into silence.

"Did they not realise that we would have paid handsomely to buy the copyright of the word, 'Swine'?", asked a confused government leader.

"I never got the chance to put it to them", replied the CEO.

"Since when did we ever need permission to ask anyone about our intentions?", enquired one director.

"Good point", announced the CEO.


Later that year, in 2010, it was announced that a human from Mexico had a bad case of the flu. This was unlike any other bout of flu, it was a pig flu. Thus, the term 'Swine Flu' was born.

Back at Pigsville, the three little pigs got together to discuss the flagrant use of their species name with regard to this new, apparent, strain of influenza.

They all agreed that they were silly and they should have let the CEO man into their houses earlier that year - they wrongfully assumed that he was the big bad wolf that their mother had warned them about.

What a silly bunch of piggies they were. Now pharmaceutical companies were reaping the rewards, rewards that really should have been shared amongst the piggie community in Pigsville.

The three little piggies all decided to become patient advocates and each of them started writing blogs and using the piggy networking sites, such as, Snoutbook and Oinker.

Soon the pharmaceutical companies were sitting up and taking notice, particularly when investigative journalist, Evie Piggle, started researching the root of the outbreak.

Moral of this story: Take the time to build something solid that cannot be readily "blown" down.

The Author of this work has no affiliation with GlaxoSmithSwine.

Fid

ORDER THE PAPERBACK
'THE EVIDENCE, HOWEVER, IS CLEAR...THE SEROXAT SCANDAL' By Bob Fiddaman
SIGNED COPIES HERE OR UNSIGNED FROM CHIPMUNKA PUBLISHING

No comments:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.