Zantac Lawsuit


Researching drug company and regulatory malfeasance for over 16 years
Humanist, humorist

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

An open letter to Dr Tsintis Panos

An open letter to Dr Tsintis Panos of the European Agency for the Evaluation of Medicinal Products (EMEA)

Dear Dr Panos,

Due to recent events surrounding the secrecy of Glaxo SmithKline in suppressing results in the adult Seroxat trials I believe that whatever information you throw at me can be deemed as useless.

For years now the MHRA/EMEA have deemed Seroxat safe in adults. I think both you and I know that is not the case. I asked in the original email (from February 2006) why you don't examine the raw data? You still have not given me a valid excuse for refusing to do this. Why?

Your collegue at the MHRA, Prof. Kent Woods, also refuses to acknowledge Dr Breggin's report - http://www.breggin.com/courtfiling.pbreggin.2006.html which clearly shows how Glaxo SmithKline duped the MHRA, the EMEA and more importantly Doctors and patients around the world.

I have asked whether or not the Report of the Committee on Safety of Medicines Expert Working Group on the Safety of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor Antidepressants is now a valid document considering Dr Breggin's report. This has never been answered by any department at the MHRA or EMEA.

This whole issue is a complete and utter shambles and once again points the finger at how the EMEA/MHRA is run and whether or not there is a clear sign of a conflict of interests within your departments.

You must have been briefed on Dr Breggin's findings and I would assume that you, along with others at the EMEA/MHRA, have been told not to say anything.

The silence from the MHRA/EMEA over Dr Breggin's report is deafening and one can only assume that you are hiding the truth from the general public - the same general public you have promised to protect.

You may feel that the EMEA/MHRA are untouchable - it's one thing to play God, another to be God.

The media war is hotting up and already there are interested parties waiting to write an in-depth story into the close associations with Glaxo SmithKline and the EMEA/MHRA.

I have copied this email to who I assume is your boss, Prof. Kent Woods. I shall also be forwarding copies to people of relevance.

The MHRA/EMEA have been given enough chances to make a public comment about these recent findings - meantime, Seroxat is still prescribed to patients despite you and your peers having knowledge that it is a defective drug. How do you define the Civil Service Code you are supposed to adhere to?

I anticipate this email will be passed around to your legal team before you are allowed to answer. Maybe I will get a reply wihin the next six months... then again I may be best putting all my hope into waiting for a pig to come flying past my window.

Yours sincerely

Robert Fiddaman
Dip.Couns MOC & MSFTR

1 comment:


Please contact me if you would like a guest post considered for publication on my blog.